CRAIG WOODS has won race two of the seventh and final round of the Aussie Racing Car Championship Series at Sydney Olympic Park.

Woods (Sinclair Ford Mustang) grabbed the lead from the outset and never yielded the front running position after out-dragging race one winner Trent Young (HBR Brake Reconditioning Nissan Altima) off the start.

Woods doggedly held off an early challenge from Blake Sciberras (Western Sydney Motorsport Toyota Aurion) before Young recovered from his slow start and fourth position to again apply the pressure.

Young couldn’t get by and settled for second, holding off Sciberras until the latter spun at turn eleven on the last lap. He quickly recovered but Peter Carr (Mako Sunglasses Ford Mustang) and Adam Uebergang (Uebergang’s Euro GT) had slipped past into third and fourth position respectively.

Sciberras finished fifth ahead of the Spirit of Lockyer Holden Cruze of series leader Brendon Pingel who continues to play the conservative roll, yet headed home the Adrian Flack (A GAS National Euro GT), James Duckworth (RBA Brakes Euro GT), Kel Treseder (KKP Motorsport Chev Camaro) and the tenth placed Ford Falcon of Simon Smith.

There was a safety car at the end of the first lap after Tony Quinn (Aussie Racing Cars Mustang) tangled with Brendon Tucker (Variety Group Euro GT) at turn eleven. Reigning title holder Darren Chamberlin (Darryl Lea Stix Camaro) was also caught up in the incident as he had nowhere to go.

Category debutant Ian Chivas (Silkgate Group Altima) spun there too, but made no contact. Later Michael Rinkin (Hertz Altima) head-butted the concrete out of turn four, but managed to continue until further wall contact a lap later.

On lap two 78 spun his Mustang and pitted while Scott Taylor was also in the wars with a brush with a wall out of turn ten later, caused his Mustang to lose its rear spoiler and rear aero which caused him to spin on the next lap.

Finishing eleventh was Ben Walsh (Euro GT) ahead of the similar styled car of Mark Griffith while Chris Stevenson finished 13th after crashing in race one and finishing last.

Race Two (9 laps)

1 Craig Woods (Ford Mustang) 17:38.5491
2 Trent Young (Toyota Aurion) 17:39.7727
3 Peter Carr (Toyota Aurion) 17:41.2125
4 Adam Uebergang (Euro GT) 17:43.9313
5 Blake Sciberras (Toyota Aurion) 17:44.8300
6 Brendon Pingel (Holden Cruze) 17:45.1874
7 Adrian Flack (Euro GT) 17:45.7228
8 James Duckworth (Euro GT) 17:46.6314
9 Kel Treseder (Chev Camaro) 17:49.9937
10 Simon Smith (Ford Falcon) 17:51.2617
11 Ben Walsh (Euro GT) 17:53.2728
12 Mark Griffith (Euro GT) 18:00.2727
13 Chris Stevenson (Nissan Altima) 18:00.5138
14 Kent Quinn (Holden Cruze) 18:05.0515
15 Jeff Watters (Nissan Altima) 18:11.3572
16 Craig Thompson (Ford Mustang) 18:12.1226
17 Harley Haber (Ford Falcon) 18:12.6271
18 Tony Quinn (Ford Mustang) 18:18.7097
19 Allen Smith (Ford Falcon) 18:18.8916
20 Paul Rooks (Holden Cruze) 18:20.8650
21 Pawel Faber (Ford Falcon) 18:24.2577
22 Chad Chapman (Ford Falcon) 18:25.4051
23 Leigh Bowler (Nissan Altima) 18:36.0773
24 Robert Motbey (Nissan Altima) 18:41.7203
25 Ruth Bowler (Ford Coupe) 18:56.3932
26 Ian Chivas (Nissan Altima) 18:59.6207
27 Adam Casuccio (Ford Falcon) 19:19.7088
28 Scott Taylor (Ford Mustang) 8 laps
29 Darren Chamberlin (Chev Camaro) 8 laps
30 Scott O’Keefe (Ford Falcon) 8 laps
DNF Michael Rinkin (Nissan Altima) 3 laps
DNF Grant Thompson (Ford Mustang) 2 laps
DNF Brendon Tucker (Euro GT) 0 laps
Fastest lap: Blake Sciberras 1:43.0750 (New Lap Record)