Below you will find the Tasmanian Super Sprint Race Reports from last weekend.

Visit the Gallery of Images on our Facebook Page

Sunday Races Three and Four

MAKING THE most of a soggy Symmons Plains yesterday, Jaie Robson followed up his Saturday form with a third and first to win the second round of the Aussie Racing Cars Championship Series.

Robson and his UltraTune and Red House Developments Mustang took the win ahead of Blake Sciberras (Millennium Building Services Mustang) and Kel Treseder (KKP Motorsport Camaro). Chris Stevenson (Hertz Camaro) was equal fourth with Joel Heinrich in his debut aboard a Sean Rose Altima.

The first race of the day (the third for the weekend) was a reverse top 15 event where Leigh Bowler (Camaro) was the early leader before reigning title holder James Duckworth (Altima) went to the lead.

Duckworth had the front running for most of the race, enduring two safety cars and only relenting on two occasions. The first was when Heinrich had a brief sampling out in front, and the next time to Sciberras who pressured the leader profoundly over the concluding stages.

Sciberras’ endeavours succeeded when Duckworth ran off the track on the final lap and Sciberras went through to take the win. Heinrich was second ahead of Robson, Treseder, Stevenson, Reece Chapman (Camaro) and Jeff Watters (Altima).

After an early safety car, another was called when Ben Walsh (Mustang) lost control in the braking zone at the hairpin and finished up in the sand trap.

Race four would be just a five-lapper, reduced due to time constraints. It was a titanic scrap between Robson and Sciberras with the pair slipping and sliding throughout. Robson led early before Sciberras grabbed the lead. But in the deluge, Robson proved stronger and took a narrow win.

Treseder followed in their wake ahead of Stevenson, Walsh, Duckworth, Craig Woods (Mustang) and Heinrich who was fifth early on. Despite an off on pit straight by Sam Chester where his Commodore clouted the wall, the race went safety car free.


Saturday Race One and Two

AT THE helm of his UltraTune and Red House Developments Camaro, Jaie Robson has taken out the opening pair of races in round two of the Aussie Racing Cars Championship Series at Symmons Plains on Saturday.

But neither victory came easy as he had to battle the likes of Kel Treseder (KKP Motorsport Camaro) and Craig Woods (Kia Penrith Mustang) in a wet race one as both had turns in the lead.

In the end, it Robson by 0.32 seconds over the Western Sydney Motorsport cars of Blake Sciberras (Millennium Building Services Mustang) and Woods while fourth went to Treseder ahead of Ben Walsh (Dr Ink Tattoo Removal Mustang) who recovered well after a mid-race off.

It was not a great race for Ross Higgins who crashed his new car just before the Hairpin.

It was very wet on the Tasmanian track for race two where Robson had the early lead before Woods forged ahead. The latter held the front running advantage for a couple of laps but Robson pressured him, reclaim the lead and won.

Sciberras was handling the slippery conditions well and passed his team mate for second. Treseder was next ahead of Walsh, Joel Heinrich (Cruze) and James Duckworth (Altima).

Early in the race Treseder and Stevenson had contact but recovered well, due to a safety car deployed when Charlotte Poynting bunkered her Camaro.

Later Darren Chamberlin had a big moment and put his Camaro into gravel at turn one. It stayed there under a local yellow, before Ruth Bowler spun and stopped her Ford Coupe at final turn with a mechanical failure. Sam Chester ran wide at turn two and became beached as the front runners greeted the chequered flag.


Friday Practice

RETURNING TO his season form of early 2016, Ben Walsh has set the benchmark time on practice day at Symmons Plains Raceway’ Round Two of the Aussie Racing Cars Championship Series.

In his Dr Ink Tattoo Removal Mustang-bodied racer he was fastest in both session and was never headed after setting a benchmark time in the opener. The 1 minute 1.5974 second lap was under the previous best qualifying time.

Second fastest was Craig Woods in his Western Sydney Motorsports, Kia Penrith Mustang while Jaie Robson (UltraTune and Red House Developments) was third ahead of the similar KKP Motorsport entry of Kel Treseder.

Defending title holder James Duckworth (RDA Brakes/Rinkin Racing Camaro) was one of only eight to improve in the second session, going from seventh to fifth to put himself ahead of Brendon Tucker (Variety Group) and talented Speedway/HQ/Saloon Car driver Joel Heinrich (Cruze) in his category debut.

After dramas in practice one where he was eighth, Blake Sciberras (Western Sydney Motorsport Mustang) went quicker but didn’t improve his position and still lead team mate Craig Thompson (Western Sydney Motorsport Mustang) while Reece Chapman (Motorsport 25 Camaro) jumped ahead of both.

Sciberras was not the only one to have dramas in P1, Ian Chivas spun out of the same corner and remained there for the latter part of the session. Thompson was parked just up the road, and the Camaros of Charlotte Poynting and Michael Rinkin had contact into the hairpin but were able to continue.